Spring Break Study Abroad Scholarship
Each year, the USA Office of International Education and Study Abroad awards a limited number of scholarships to students who study abroad. The OIE Study Abroad Scholarship is a competitive scholarship intended to assist University of South Alabama students in funding their study abroad experience.
In order to qualify for the OIE Study Abroad Scholarship, applicants must:
• Currently be enrolled full-time at USA
• Be in good academic standing
• Approval from the Dean of Students
• Complete Study Abroad application
• Meet the program GPA requirements
Award selection will be based on:
• Financial need
• Program cost
• Personal statement
Applicant’s personal statement should address the following:
• Why is the study abroad program you have chosen best for you?
• How does this program play a role in your education?
• What do you hope to gain from the study abroad experience?
• Describe the nature and extent of your financial need and any special financial circumstances.
• How will the OIE Study Abroad scholarship positively influence your ability to go abroad?
Preference will be given to students:
• Who participate in faculty-led study abroad programs or international bilateral exchange programs
• Who have a history of outstanding academic achievement
• With GPAs of 2.75 and above
Awards may only be used on approved study abroad programs and are contingent on completing all pre and post program requirements. Withdrawal from the program or failure to meet program requirements will result in a loss of the scholarship.
Exceptions for the above criteria can be made by recommendation of the OIE director to the Provost.