Laidlaw Performance Scholarship- Spring
Donated by local businessman John Laidlaw, these scholarships are designed to support students with an interest and focus in performance and are awarded to students within the Department of Theatre and Dance. Interviews, auditions and demonstration of academic achievement are required.
1. Theatre major at USA.
2. Full-time enrollment.
3. Enrolled in DRA 103 and at least one additional 3-unit Theatre course..
4. GPA of at least 3.0.
5. Audition for department Main Stage productions and accept any roles if cast.
6. Continue to make significant progress towards their degree.
7. Maintain a respectful and professional manner with fellow students, faculty and staff.
8. Participate in an evaluation process upon completion of their award.
Awarded two times per year, Fall semester and Spring semester. Students must meet the criteria to apply and qualify and each term.
The scholarship is credited to the student’s account for payment of USA tuition and fees, textbooks (USA Bookstore), USA Housing and USA Dining services due each. Award is non-refundable. Any awards or scholarships funded by USA are considered institutional aid. Some examples of institutional aid are admission-based scholarships, departmental awards, employee tuition assistance, housing benefits and athletic scholarships. USA reserves the right to adjust aid if a student receives multiple scholarship awards or exceeds the institutional maximum.