- Supplemental Questions
- Estimated Current Cumulative Grade Point Average:
- Completed College Credits:
(include Transfer/AP/IB/Anticipated Fall Semester Credits)
- Academic Advisor Name:
- Describe the activites, events, and clubs you have participated in and the roles and/or positions you have held.
Make particular note of University activities, events, and clubs.
- Other interests (academic, cultural, social, etc.):
List two individuals who have agreed to serve as your references. At least one of these references should be a USA faculty member. These individuals should know you well.
The Honors College Admissions Committee may contact for a reference, if needed. A letter of recommendation is not required.
- a.) USA Faculty Reference Name:
- b.) USA Faculty Reference JagMail:
- c.) Secondary Reference Name:
(former employer, USA faculty/staff, former teacher, other)
- d.) Secondary Reference Phone/Email:
- e.) If Secondary Reference is not a USA faculty member, explain how you know this person.
- Statement of Interest:
Explain as clearly and concretely as possible, with examples where relevant, why you want to join the USA Honors College, how it will serve your needs as a student and person, and what you in turn expect to contribute to the College.
- Please briefly explain, any personal or family circumstances that are relevant to your need for financial assistance.
- For your essay, we ask you to present a perspective based on just one word. This year the word is “tension.” In 500 words or less, please present your perspective on "tension".
Essay will be evaluated on the basis of:
2. Relevance to the topic;
3. Development of the perspective or position in the essay;
4. Focus and organization;
5. Clarity and precision of ideas;
6. Fluency in writing and language;
7. Facility with conventions of standard written English (grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, and mechanics).
- Have you previously applied to the Honors College? If so, please tell us about how your start in college affected your thinking about "tension".
- Upload your degree audit.
You can access your degree audit from your PAWS account under Student Records.
The file name should include your first and last name.
- Please upload a copy of your résumé as a PDF document.
The file name should include your First and Last name. Do not include punctuation or numbers in the file name.
- Show 7 more